The items that you donate will stock the shelves that help people in need in New Trier Township.
The people who come to the pantry often have children. Donating healthy food items that most families buy to feed children and teens will help our pantry greatly. Many others are single person households. It is better to donate an item in a size that can feed a smaller family or individuals rather than super-sized items.
Donations can be dropped off at the Food Pantry
Monday thru Friday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
The list below includes some of the most needed items, as well as other recommendations. Please choose products that are in boxes, cans, or plastic bottles and that do not require refrigeration. We prefer not to have products packaged in glass. All items should be in their original, unopened packaging, recently purchased and in good condition. We do not accept food that is past its "best used by" date.
Fresh Produce Days:
Residents are asked to consider dropping off fresh fruit and vegetables on Monday through Wednesday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. to help us maintain a solid and varied supply of fresh produce for Pantry clients. Please wash produce thoroughly, and place root vegetables in sealed ziploc bags. We thank you for your support of this on-going effort.
Current priority items:
- aluminum foil, plastic wrap, and baggies
- canned fruit
- cookies, crackers, granola bars, nuts, raisins and other healthy snacks
- cooking oil, salad dressing, condiments
- pull-ups for larger children sizes 4 and up
- shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrushes
- tissue, paper towels, toilet paper, napkins
Other recommended items:
- baking goods (muffins, cake mixes, brownies)
- coffee and tea (smaller sizes)
- juices and juice boxes (smaller sizes)
- laundry detergent, cleaning supplies, dish soap and dishwasher soap
- pancake mix and syrup
- peanut butter, jelly, jam
- personal care products (deodorant, feminine hygiene products, shaving cream)
- salt and pepper, spices and herbs, powdered milk
All items are welcome, but we respectfully request no canned beans and no mac & cheese as we have a surplus of these items.