The items that you donate will stock the shelves that help people in need in New Trier Township.
The people who come to the pantry often have children. Donating healthy food items that most families buy to feed children and teens will help our pantry greatly. Many others are single person households. It is better to donate an item in a size that can feed a smaller family or individuals rather than super-sized items.
The list below includes some of the most needed items, as well as other recommended items. Choose products that are in boxes, cans, or plastic bottles and that do not have to be refrigerated. We prefer not to have product in glass. All items should be in their original, unopened packaging, recently purchased and in good condition.
Current priority items:
- tissues (like Kleenex), paper towels, toilet paper, and napkins
- laundry detergent, cleaning supplies, dish soap, and dishwasher soap
- aluminum foil, plastic wrap, and baggies
- shampoo, conditioners, and mouthwash (large sizes)
- olive oil and cooking oil
- cookies, crackers, granola bars, nuts, raisins, and other healthy snacks
- juices and juice boxes (smaller sizes)
- canned spaghetti and ravioli
- salad dressing and mayonnaise
- condiments and sauces
Other recommended items:
- baking goods (muffins, cake mixes)
- canned dinners (chili, beef stew, pasta dishes)
- canned fruit
- canned meat (chicken, salmon, tuna)
- canned meat soups
- canned tomatoes
- coffee, tea, sugar, powdered milk
- pancake mix and syrup
- pasta sauce and pasta
- personal care products (toothpaste, feminine hygiene products, diapers, shaving cream, deodorant)
- rice (white or brown)
- salt and pepper, spices and herbs
- 100% fruit juice and vegetable juice (shelf stable – cans or plastic bottles only)
All items are welcome, but we respectfully request no canned beans of any kind and no mac & cheese, as we have a surplus of these items.