The items that you donate will stock the shelves that help people in need in New Trier Township.
The people who come to the pantry often have children. Donating healthy food items that most families buy to feed children and teens will help our pantry greatly. Many others are single person households. It is better to donate an item in a size that can feed a smaller family or individuals rather than super-sized items.
Donations can be dropped off at the Food Pantry
Monday thru Friday between 9am and 5pm
The list below includes some of the most needed items, as well as other recommended items. Choose products that are in boxes, cans, or plastic bottles and that do not have to be refrigerated. We prefer not to have product in glass. All items should be in their original, unopened packaging, recently purchased and in good condition.
Current priority items:
- white and brown rice
- cookies, crackers, granola bars, nuts, raisins and other healthy snacks
- cooking oil, salad dressing, condiments
- peanut butter, jelly, jam
- shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrushes
- tissue (like kleenex), paper towels, toilet paper, napkins
- aluminum foil, plastic wrap, and baggies
Other recommended items:
- baking goods (muffins, cake mixes, brownies)
- canned dinners (chili, beef stew, pasta dishes)
- canned fruit
- canned meat (chicken, tuna, salmon, etc)
- canned meat soups
- canned spaghetti and ravioli
- canned tomatoes
- coffee and tea (smaller sizes)
- juices and juice boxes (smaller sizes)
- laundry detergent, cleaning supplies, dish soap and dishwasher soap
- pancake mix and syrup
- personal care products (deodorant, feminine hygiene products, shaving cream)
- salt and pepper, spices and herbs, sugar, powdered milk
All items are welcome, but we respectfully request no canned beans and no mac & cheese as we have a surplus of these items.