In 2016 Isabelle Robbins of Wilmette was awarded the Peer Jury scholarship.
The New Trier Township Peer Jury Scholarship was established to mark the 10th anniversary of the program and to recognize outstanding peer jurors.
- Be a Peer Jury student volunteer
- Be a graduating high school senior with good attendance in Peer Jury, preferably at least 75% attendance since becoming a juror.
- Submit a 250-300 word essay on your peer jury experience and what it meant to you.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, local official or business person.
- Submit an official high school transcript
- Plan to enroll at any college or university in the United States as a full-time undergraduate student
- Sarah Mae Fahey (2015)
- Stephanie Kurensky (2014)
- Lauren Miller of Wilmette (2011) Loyola High School - Stanford University
- Kristina Spillers of Wilmette (2010) New Trier High School - Auburn University
The deadline for submitting the 2013 application is Wednesday, March 6, 2013. The selected winner will be announced on Tuesday, April 16, 2013 at the Annual Township Meeting.
- All attachments must contain your full name.
- Applicants must meet all eligibility requirements
- The Scholarship Selection Committee will consist of: Adult Youth Advocates, Peer Jury Coordinator, Representatives from the participating Township Police Departments, Township Supervisor or other elected official designated by the Supervisor.
- All applicants should expect to receive written notification of a decision on their application by April 1, 2013.
- The winning essay would become the property of the Township and may be used for publicity purposes. Selection process will take into account the applicant’s essay, peer jury attendance, and the quality of their participation in the program.
Award Presentation & Recognition
The winner will be presented the $1500 scholarship at the Annual Town meeting on April 16, 2013 and have the opportunity to read their essay.
To learn more about the Peer Jury program, click here. To be considered as a Peer Juror,click here.