What We Do
The Township Assessor provides a variety of services and acts as a liaison between the taxpayer and the Cook County Assessor’s Office.
- Assistance with appeals
- Assistance with exemptions and refunds
- Sales and building permit information
- Taxpayer of record information
- Detailed assessment information and property descriptions
- Short legal descriptions of property
- Property tax identification numbers
- Assistance with name and address changes
- Tax exempt property listings
- Plat books
- Tax rate information
The Cook County Assessor's office does all assessing in Cook County. Property is reassessed every three years.
Tax billing is done by the Cook County Treasurer's office. Taxes are collected one year in arrears, and bills are issued twice each year, in the spring and fall.