A- A A+
  Home   News   Events   FAQ  





New Trier Township passport services are temporarily unavailable until further notice. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Below is a list of local passport acceptance agencies that are able to assist residents in preparing for travel abroad.


Where Can I Find A Passport Acceptance Agency?

It is necessary to call ahead for an appointment at all of the following locations. Appointment schedules vary by location.

  • Deerfield Post Office, 707 Osterman Avenue, Deerfield, 847-945-0293
  • Glenview Post Office, 1400 Patriot Boulevard, Glenview, 847-832-4693
  • Highland Park Post Office, 833 Central Avenue, Highland Park, 847-433-3201
  • Northbrook Post Office, 2460 Dundee Road, Northbrook, 847-272-0174
  • Wilmette Post Office, 1241 Central Avenue, Wilmette, 847-251-6039

Who Needs A Passport?

If you are traveling out of the country by air, you are required to obtain a U.S. Passport Book. The U.S. Passport Book can be used for all air, land, and sea travel. If you are traveling out of the country by land and/or sea to Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda you may obtain a U.S. Passport Card which is less expensive than the U.S. Passport Book.


How Long Does It Take To Obtain a Passport?

You can expect to spend 45 minutes with a Township staff member to complete the application process. Families may require additional time.  The processing times for the U.S. Passport Book and U.S. Passport Card are the same. Please allow yourself enough time to obtain a U.S. Passport Book and/or Card. Processing times will vary during the year. To check the current processing time, click here.


What Should I Bring To The Appointment?

Please bring the following items to your appointment:
  • The completed DS-11 application (unsigned) Click here to print the application. Click here to use an on-line form which can be printed and brought to the Township office.
  • Evidence of U.S. citizenship (includes previously issued, undamaged U.S. Passport;certified birth certificate issued by the city, county or state*; Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth; Naturalization Certificate; or Certificate of Citizenship)
  • Proof of identity (includes previously issued, undamaged U.S. Passport; Naturalization Certificate; Valid Driver's License)
  • Payments in the form of check or money order. We are not able to accept credit/debit cards.  U.S. Passport Book fees are $110.00 for adults and $80.00 for minors 15 years of age and under. U.S. Passport Card fees are $30.00 for adults and $15.00 for minors 15 years of age and under. An additional processing fee of $25.00 will be charged per application and made payable by check to New Trier Township.
  • Two passport photos, each 2 x 2. To avoid processing delays, be sure your photographs meet all quality requirements.

Other Important Information

Minors fifteen (15) years of age and under must be accompanied by both parents or submit an original legal document stating sole legal custody has been granted to one parent. If the other parent cannot be present, you must submit a notarized DS-3053 parental consent form with the child’s application. Minors sixteen (16) years of age and over (until the age of 18) must be accompanied by one parent. First time applicants or minors under the age of 18 renewing a passport are required to fill out a DS-11 application.

If you have a passport that was issued less than 15 years ago, you are required to fill out a DS-82 application form. Renewal Passport Applications are done by mail and do not need the assistance of an acceptance agent.

If you are applying for a minor (15 years old or younger), both parents are required to be present during the processing of the application. If one parent cannot be present, he/she will be required to submit a DS-3053 form, giving consent to the other parent to apply for the minor on behalf of both parents.

If you were issued a passport in the past, you are required to submit the most recent passport with your passport application. If you cannot locate your previous passport you will be required to fill out a DS-64 lost/stolen form with your passport application.


For further information on the Township’s Passport Acceptance Service, email or call 847-446-8202. 



739 Elm Street, Winnetka, Illinois 60093 P. 847-446-8202 F. 847-446-1743
© 2010 New Trier Township. All Rights Reserved.
Web site design and web site development by Americaneagle.com

Township Mailing List Enter your email address and subscribe to our E-News