An important function of township government is to help residents realize their full potential. Many of our clients are working several jobs to make end meet, or going it alone as single parents with limited support. As these individuals work or return to school, we support them through a variety of social services programs. Our childcare scholarship assistance provides financial support to income qualified residents, offering their dependent children access to vetted before/after school programs, park district summer camps and licensed day care services.
The New Trier Township Scholarship Programs can provide assistance to eligible parents/guardians with payment for childcare services provided by licensed daycare before and after school care and/or summer day camp providers.
Eligibility requirements are:
- Lawful custody of a child age 13 (entering 8th grade) or under receiving care in a licensed facility
- Residency in New Trier Township
- Full or part-time employment, enrollment in job training and/or attendance at a school program
- Family income meets income eligibility guidelines
Licensed providers are defined as:
- Accredited Kindergarten or Preschool Programs
- School or Park District Affiliated Programs
- State Licensed Daycare Providers
Providers are paid directly by New Trier Township. Parents and/or guardians are responsible for any program balances not covered by the scholarship. If you need additional information on township childcare programs, please contact Jeanne Winsted Rosser at 847-446-8201.
Before / after school scholarships are awarded by the semester. Daycare scholarships are awarded monthly from September 1st though August 31st. Summer Camp scholarships are awarded yearly for the summer months when camp is in session. Applications and supporting documents are strictly confidential and are reviewed by social services professionals to confirm eligibility. Applicants are notified in writing of the status of their application.
Applicants must reside in New Trier Township and have lawful custody of a child age 13 (entering 8th grade) or under. Both custodial parents/guardians must work full or part-time, be enrolled in job training and/or attend a school program during the hours of the child care program. Adjusted Gross Income, confirmed by Federal Income Tax returns, must be less than or equal to the amounts listed. The township will consider special circumstances or extraordinary medical expenses with appropriate supporting documentation.
- Before After School Application
- Before After School Application Downloadable PDF
- Childcare / Summer Camp Application Downloadable PDF
- Daycare Scholarship Application
||Adjusted Gross Income