REVISED DATES: THE BOARD OF REVIEW WILL OPEN FOR NEW TRIER PROPERTY 2019 ASSESSMENT APPEALS ON AUGUST 19TH AND WILL CLOSE ON SEPTEMBER 17TH
ON FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER13, 2019, JanChurchwell, the Township Assessor, and Len Shifflett, the Deputy Assessor willboth be out of the office at a Township Assessor’s training session from 11:30a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
ON SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 2019, the Township Assessor’s office will be open from10:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. to assist homeowners preparing their 2019 assessmentappeals to the Board of Review.
What We Do
In a Nutshell: Your New Trier Township Assessor's Office advocates for you with the Cook County Assessor's Office and the Cook County Board of Review. Additionally, we provide a broad range of services acting as a liaison for you with various County agencies.
- Assistance with preparing appeals for the Cook County Assessor, the Assessor's Re-Review and the Cook County Board of Review (and Re-Review)
- We provide information about the various grounds for appeal
- We file appeals for you at your request
- Assistance with preparing appeals for the Property Tax Appeal Board (PTAB)
- Assistance with filing exemptions
- Assistance with the Cook County Treasurer's Office
- Obtaining refunds where applicable
- Updating name and address information
- Providing documentation to correct second installment tax bills that are missing valid exemptions
- Sales and building permit information
- Taxpayer of record information
- Brief legal descriptions of a specific property
- Information from the Plat Books ("Sidwell Maps")
- Information from tax exempt properties
- Tax rate information
We are also available to do outreach events for your organization. We have a presentation we call "Your Annual Tax Calendar at a Glance," but will gladly tailor a presentation for your organization.
- The Cook County Assessor's office does all assessing in Cook County on a Triennial basis.
- The Cook County Treasurer's office prepares all tax bills and collects all taxes. Taxes are collected in arrears; tax bills are issued in February and July (subject to adjustments for unforeseen events).
Understanding Property Taxes
Who's who in the Cook County property tax system? Learn the ins and outs of the taxation process (PDF).
You can reach the New Trier Assessor's office at 847-446-8200. Deputy Assessor Leonard Shifflett and I look forward to serving you.
- Jan Churchwell, New Trier Township Assessor