New Trier Township Assessor’s Annual Tax Calendar Review
On November 12, 2019 at 7:00 pm, Jan Churchwell, New Trier Township Assessor, and Deputy Assessor Len Shifflett will present the annual tax calendar review. Besides addressing when your tax bills will be due, the presentation will highlight the times when homeowners may file for exemptions, renew existing exemptions, and appeal their property’s assessed value.
The presentation is free and will be held at the Township offices, 739 Elm St in Winnetka; all residents are invited. Jan and Len are available to assist with your real estate tax issues Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm and 1:30 pm to 5:00 pm at the Township offices. Call 847-446-8200 or email them at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Trier Township Assessor
What We Do
In a Nutshell: Your New Trier Township Assessor's Office advocates for you with the Cook County Assessor's Office and the Cook County Board of Review. Additionally, we provide a broad range of services acting as a liaison for you with various County agencies.
- Assistance with preparing appeals for the Cook County Assessor, the Assessor's Re-Review and the Cook County Board of Review (and Re-Review)
- We provide information about the various grounds for appeal
- We file appeals for you at your request
- Assistance with preparing appeals for the Property Tax Appeal Board (PTAB)
- Assistance with filing exemptions
- Assistance with the Cook County Treasurer's Office
- Obtaining refunds where applicable
- Updating name and address information
- Providing documentation to correct second installment tax bills that are missing valid exemptions
- Sales and building permit information
- Taxpayer of record information
- Brief legal descriptions of a specific property
- Information from the Plat Books ("Sidwell Maps")
- Information from tax exempt properties
- Tax rate information
We are also available to do outreach events for your organization. We have a presentation we call "Your Annual Tax Calendar at a Glance," but will gladly tailor a presentation for your organization.
- The Cook County Assessor's office does all assessing in Cook County on a Triennial basis.
- The Cook County Treasurer's office prepares all tax bills and collects all taxes. Taxes are collected in arrears; tax bills are issued in February and July (subject to adjustments for unforeseen events).
Understanding Property Taxes
Who's who in the Cook County property tax system? Learn the ins and outs of the taxation process (PDF).
You can reach the New Trier Assessor's office at 847-446-8200. Deputy Assessor Leonard Shifflett and I look forward to serving you.
- Jan Churchwell, New Trier Township Assessor