Peer Jury Scholarship
Making a Difference in Our Communities
The New Trier Township Peer Jury Scholarship was established in 2008 to mark the 10th anniversary of the program and recognize outstanding peer jurors. High school aged students in New Trier Township can volunteer to serve as peer jurors. Will you join us in making a difference?
- Be a Peer Jury student volunteer
- Be a graduating high school senior with good attendance in Peer Jury, preferably at least 75% attendance since becoming a juror
- Submit a 250 to 300 word essay on your peer jury experience and what it meant to you
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, local official or business person
- Submit an official high school transcript
- Plan to enroll at any college or university in the United States as a full-time undergraduate student
Submit the application (PDF).
- Max Rosen of Glencoe (2020)
- Peter Radler, Alexandria Riedinger and Eva Vitanovec (2019)
- Brianna Chou (2018)
- Jacob Shaw (2017)
- Isabelle Robbins (2016)
- Sarah Mae Fahey (2015)
- Stephanie Kurensky (2014)
- Lauren Miller of Wilmette (2011)
- Kristina Spillers of Wilmette (2010)
The 2020 Peer Jury Scholarship Award went to Max Rosen of Glencoe. Mr. Rosen read his essay on a virtual Annual Town Meeting held September 29, 2020 at 7:30 P.M. CST.
Process / Procedures
The deadline for submitting the 2021 application will be announced at a later date. The selected winner will be announced at the New Trier Township Annual Town Meeting on Tuesday, April 13, 2021.
- All attachments must contain your full name.
- Applicants must meet all eligibility requirements.
- The Scholarship Selection Committee will consist of: Adult Youth Advocates, Peer Jury Coordinator, Representatives from the participating Township Police Departments, Township Supervisor or other elected official designated by the Supervisor.
- All applicants should expect to receive written notification of a decision on their application by April 2, 2021.
- The winning essay would become the property of the Township and may be used for publicity purposes. Selection process will take into account the applicant’s essay, peer jury attendance, and the quality of their participation in the program.
Award Presentation & Recognition
The winner will be presented the $1,500 scholarship at the Annual Town meeting on April 13, 2021and have the opportunity to read their essay to attendees.